EXPLORATION DRILLING METHODOLOGIES
- The LMP1500 was deployed during September 2008
- New drill rig, Kores KME-600, was introduced in October 2008
- Reinforcing the existing fleet in the scout drilling program for this particular sector [Drilling was carried out using NQ-type (48 mm core) double tube core barrel with wire line system].
- The Bentonite mud and Guar gum was used as drilling fluid to stabilize borehole side
walls as well as to lift fine rock cuttings from borehole.
- The Geologist logged the borehole core run wise to capture the various geological features
- The run wise logs formed the base for delineating various litho logical units and to generate coal samples.
- Within the softer coal and carbonaceous mudstone and siltstone zones regular occurrences of slickenside structures were observed and captured.
- Run-wise logging of coal seam as per the format was carried out.
- Litho-depth control for the samples (recovery and extrapolated thickness considered) was maintained.
- Splitting of the sample run done at 1.00m of the sample
- If required, a graphical plot was made for easy understanding.
- As far as possible, only coal was sampled.
- In some cases coal and mudstone bands were sampled together when the mudstone was thinner than 500 mm.
- Mudstone partings thicker than 500 mm were not sampled and an average raw quality value was assigned to each of these mudstone samples for modeling purposes.
- For wash ability, the yields were given 0% values and the other qualities were eliminated
during the weighted average compositing of he samples.